Welcome to my Blog

Welcome: This blog is associated with my web site of the same name - Mum's Cookbook Site.

01 July 2011

Sourdough bread in the bread maker

I'm still experimenting with my sourdough made using the breadmaker from sponge to loaf.  I think I'm close.

My breadmaker is an elderly Breville but it does give me the opportunity to manually set up a recipe.  Based on other recipes that come with the breadmaker and what's needed to make a sourdough loaf, I've tried a number of manual settings now.  While the loaves are fine, they are difficult to remove from the bread pan - small price to pay for automation IMHO. 

Once the sponge is left overnight to rise and become active, the process takes between 5 and 9 hours, which isn't too bad.  I'm thinking that the process will take longer in our Winter than it will come Summer.

Keep tuned for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment