Welcome to my Blog

Welcome: This blog is associated with my web site of the same name - Mum's Cookbook Site.

29 June 2011

Chocolate Liqueur Cake

Chocolate Liqueur Cake with Chocolate Ganache
I made a lovely cake last night and added the ganache this morning.  The recipe is based on one I found on Best Recipes for Irish Cream Fudge Cake.  No Bailey's in the cupboard - well there was but it had been opened about 12 months ago and was well past it's best by date.  I used a chocolate flavoured liqueur instead.

Totally decadent.

I made the cake for a photo competition but missed the cut off.  Oh well, next time I'll get my act together and in the mean time, I have a lovely cake to console myself with.

PS - this is not the shot I was going to use, but it's not bad is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment